Monday, December 5, 2016

#HASHTAGS Entry#7

                                     #HASHTAGS#



I am not sure how to engage on this topic because hashtags are completely alien to me. I know, I am not "hip" as my mother always tells me, but Ill take a wild guess at it anyway...

  When I hear the term "hashtag" I think of a kind of verbal label. 
Kind of how asterisks are used in instant messaging; They outline whichever action word is presented. This, represents that person "physically" performing the aimed cyber move. An example, *laugh*, *cry*, or *tickle*.  Obviously, these are physical movements that cannot be done through typing. The concept simply adds more characterized details to internet communication.

Moving forward, a hashtag must be an upgraded version that extends an author's voice into the cyber community. Another could be that is instead just a more generalized verbal topic of the text which can be seen in hashtag like, #party, #smile, and #hug.

In actuality, hashtag is a noun that is defined online, on dictionary.com, as a means to identify a keyword that focuses on a specific topic of interest; In order, to conveniently locate additional information. 
If used in the pretense that I foresaw (as a verb), hashtag becomes an action verb instead of a descriptive noun. An example would be, " She is addicted to hash tagging."

It appears that just like any other trend, or style, (#) hash tagging originated in 2009 on Twitter ( according to Urban Dictionary), and was first used as, "#flight1549". The tweet was created by a user that was acknowledging a plane crash into the Hudson River. The popularity grew after correspondences were made to the tweet and common knowledge spread about the useful hashtag symbol.

It is amazing how someone can do something ever so slightly and it travel around the world until reaching a point of common knowledge. 
Things like this make me wonder why so many people doubt one person changing the world. New trends begin everyday so that it is almost impossible to see the process of change.




1 comment:

  1. Monae--Pretty good entry here. Missing 8, 9 and 10 for GP#3.

    ReplyDelete