Sunday, October 23, 2016

Ms. Intro Ⅱ




  Welcome to the Sunshine Network (part 2). A brief recap, my name is Monae Tanner and I am a twenty-five-year-old mother to a beautiful little boy, Christian. I will reference him often throughout the next eight weeks. In fact, I will even be issuing updated information that continues Sunshine Network, “Freeman-Sheldon Syndrome” (#6); so, keep an eye out for that!
My first Mother's Day with my little man!!


At the moment, my main focus is self-sufficiency. As a single mom, to a higher needs child, I often find myself needing to rely on those around me for support. Surprisingly, I am not satisfied with having so much assistance despite my eternal gratitude. That is the reason that I am in college pursuing an Associates in Business/Political Science, in order to higher my income and fallow my passion. In short, I am self-motivated and interested in only becoming self-sustainable so that I may provide a stable environment for my child without sacrificing my own happiness.

...The question is, what the heck could possibly make me so happily passionate under a political degree?!After all, politics is not known for its “pleasant environment”.
 Contrary, I firmly believe that anything that relates to how our communities function, should have a positive place in society. Therefore, my attention is uncontrollably directed towards becoming a person of value in both that political and civil community. This will allow me to empower lower educated individuals with the knowledge necessary for appropriate participation with all government affairs. This could be direct towards simply voting and knowing exactly what a person is actually supporting, or at least has the resources to find out. However, I am going to leave it at that, for now because once I get started talking about my passions, it is an escalation for that point forward.

My final thought, my obvious intentions for this blog over the next eight-week period is educationally based. By this, I mean that whatever I post about, will be directly reflecting whatever situation I am dealing with, at that moment. In addition, I am hoping that my blogger may adequately serve as a journal recording the significance behind certain first-time learning experiences I face and the feelings associated with each moment. Overall, my blog is going to spontaneously focus on “real-time” learning and interests of a young adult mother trying to “figure it out”.

No comments:

Post a Comment